Makeup Banner

Monday, July 22, 2013

Collective Beauty Haul & SALES alert!

So in the past 2 weeks or so I've managed to collect a decent amount of pretty beauty related things to show you AND score some great makeup deals! So I wanted to share, so you ladies can check your local stores and see if you find some of the same great stuff :)

First, am I behind the curve or has L'oreal recently released some awesome shades of lipsticks?! I'm not sure, I've never really kept up with L'oreal as much as the other Drugstore brands. I'm not sure why but I do know that I am NOT fond of the smell of their lipsticks (haha, does it remind anyone else of grandmas?) and usually smells don't bother me! None the less, I picked up 2 BEAUTIFUL shades that are both perfect for Summer!
Look how glossy and pretty they are! Left: Tropical Coral, Right: Peach Fuzz
Besides the smell (classic L'oreal lipstick scent) these are so gorgeous and glossy! They are comfortable feeling on the lips and seem to wear pretty well to spite the wet looking formula! I just can't get over how pretty the colors are, especially Tropical Coral because I don't own anything like it! You may not be a huge fan of these if you despise frosts. I think Peach Fuzz comes across more as a frost than Tropical Coral though.

Left: Yellow Light w/ flash, Right: Natural light, no flash. L: Tropical Coral R: Peach Fuzz
BTW if you're wondering I got these at Walmart for 5.99, I saw them the next day at CVS for 8.99 just a heads up! :)

Speaking of CVS... I'm not a big fan of CVS at all, I find 99% of the time I can find everything they have for for less money else where ...BUT I heard they were have their big clearance sale and when there is a sale I'm there! I don't know if my local CVS had been picked over or if they didn't have many markdowns but I didn't see much on clearance. I still found 2 things both which I had really been wanting to try!

Orly nail polish - Rage, Covergirl simply ageless concealer
Orly Rage is one of those nail polishes that I've heard about a million times AND looked at just as many but just never bought, but as soon as I saw it was 50 percent off, I knew that today was the day! I also got the Covergirl & Olay simply ageless concealer in "very light" to use under my eyes to have a sort of highlighting effect. I've worn it once so far and it seemed to hold up really well, plus I've heard amazing reviews about it so if you see this (its on clearance at rite aid & cvs) I'd snatch it up!

Next up: Rite Aid ... I stopped in on a whim just to look and see if they had gotten in the limited edition 8 pan Wet n' Wild palettes (sadly, they hadn't) but I found some MAJOR SCORES! Attn: SALES ALERT: if you missed out on any of the latest collection of the Summer limited edition Maybelline color tattoos go to your local Rite Aid because if they have any left (mine had plenty) they are 50% off!!! Heads up: the colors at my rite aid were NOT marked on clearance, I picked out "Icy Mint" and a few other things and checked out. When the cashier told me my total I thought it was cheaper than it was suppose to be, so I looked at my receipt and sure enough the the color tattoo was half off! I immediately went back and get the second one I had be eying haha Remember, only the limited edition shades are half off, not the colors in the permanent collection.


Waves of white: beautiful iridescent shimmer, Icy Mint: true mint & like nothing I have in my collection
I also found something I had been looking for literally months and months, possibly a year and had never manage to find. When I saw it I literally squealed with excitement! (and my fiance can atest to that haha) I found Pinkerbell lipstick from Wet n' Wild also known as the dupe for the Mac's Viva Glam Nicki lipstick! I was so excited to finally find this dupe! Wet n' Wild must be making more of an effort to get this lipstick to more stores because I just spotted it in a different Rite Aid yesterday!


Note how it's 2 different colors, if you own this shade is/was yours the same way!? So bizarre, as soon as i swatched it the coral seemed to disappear from the top.
Pinkerbell: It's so much brighter in person!
Honestly, I don't know if I can put this color off but I'm going to try! Plus if I can't it was only 1.99! Also from Wet n Wild I got there gel eyeliner, I've heard a lot of good things about it {some people say its as good, if not better than Bobbi Brown!} so I figured why not?!

Lastly I got I went to big lots and get this 3 piece brush set from Ecotools for $4.50! Which is awesome considering I just saw the same exact kit in Rite Aid yesterday for 12.99. I don't really need any brushes but I'm obsessed with stippling brushes so that was my excuse, plus I do need a new "eyelash comb" brush -or whatever they are called!
That raps up my beauty bargain haul! Found a lot of good stuff for super cheap and that's always fun! What's your latest makeup score!? Let me know in the comments :)

Please subscribe, pin and comment! xo Leah

1 comment:

  1. Great Haul. I never came across the limited edition Color Tattoos before, but I now live by a Rite Aid so I'll have to check that out! Thanks for the heads up.

    I really like the Tropical Coral shade of lipstick you purchased.

    I love the Simply Ageless Concealer and hope you do too!

    fairestsfavorites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete